Code of Conduct – Participants
TRIATHLON AUSTRALIA is the sanctioning body of all The Event Crew triathlon events and therefore all Triathlon Australia rules apply. It is the responsibility of each participant to know and follow these rules in full. Please click here to see a full list of the Triathlon Australia rules.
Whilst there is no sanctioning body for our Gold Coast Running Festival event, we would expect all participants to follow the code and participate with fun, fairness and enjoyment in mind.
Code of Conduct – Parents & Spectators
In order to secure and maintain a safe, fun and enjoyable atmosphere for our participants, The Event Crew has implemented a code of conduct for parents and spectators. Repeated or serious breaches of this code may result in disciplinary actions including the exclusion of the parent at future events and the disqualification of your child.
By entering your child, you are agreeing to these behaviour codes and understand the expected behaviour.
- Focus upon the child’s efforts and performance rather than the overall outcome of the event. This assists the child in setting realistic goals related to their ability by reducing the emphasis on winning.
- Teach your child that honest effort is as important as victory so that the result of each event is accepted without undue disappointment.
- Never ridicule or yell at your child for making a mistake or losing a race.
- Remember your child should be involved in sport for their enjoyment, not yours.
- Encourage children to participate if they are interested – if a child is not willing don’t force them.
- Remember your child learns best by example. Applaud both your own child and other competitors.
- If you disagree with an official raise the issue through the appropriate channels (in most instances it will be the Race Referee however if you are unsure please see an Event Crew staff member who will direct you to the correct person) rather than questioning the official’s judgment and honesty in public. Remember, most officials give their time and effort for your child’s involvement.
- Support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse at our event.
- Support your club officials in maintaining the highest standard of behaviour both on and off the course for the betterment of the sport and your family.
- Avoid use of derogatory language. Respect the rights, dignity and worth of all participants and race officials.
- Agree to abide by all event rules and encourage your child to do the same
- Do not take part in any form of bullying including via the use of social media
- Be prepared to be responsible for your actions.