Round 5 Robina: Postponed


As you will have heard this morning the Greater Brisbane area has been put in to a full 3 day lockdown from 6pm tonight and as such, we have made the decision to postpone our Round 5 event scheduled for this Sunday at Robina.  With over 80% of our participants, volunteers, officials, suppliers and staff residing in this area, going ahead was just not feasible.

Thanks to the City of Gold Coast and other key stakeholders we have managed to secure a new date of Sunday 7 March.

So what does this mean for you?  We’re hoping that for the vast majority of people this just means you have a few extra weeks up your sleeve to train for the alternate date but we respect and understand that this doesn’t suit everyone.  We have said from the very beginning of this epidemic that we would remain fair and ethical when it comes to race entries and we intend to stand by this now.  Obviously from a financial point of view as a small business we hope you all stay entered and race the new date but we do appreciate your own personal circumstances.

Your options are:

  • Remain Entered.  Your entry will automatically be transferred to the new date and you don’t need to do anything.
  • Change Events.  Email by close of business Friday 15th January and advise which event you would like to switch to this season.  For a full list of options please see our website.
  • Request a Refund. Email by close of business Friday 15th January and advise this is your intention – please also include your full bank account details if your credit card has changed since you entered.

We have been overwhelmed with the amount of positive support we have received this morning by email, phone and text and really appreciate everyone taking the time to check in with us and offer your positive vibes.

– The Event Crew team

p.s. It’s both Brendon’s (50!!) and Sally’s birthday today so we think the afternoon will be best spent eating cake and celebrating the joys we can!